Saturday, December 29, 2007

Flagging J-Land Angels...

Taken from my journal Daughters of the Shdowmen. Here is the link: http://journals.aol.com/blazensun/j-land-angels/ where you can leave your message.

I like many others have been thinking about the passing of some brave journalists during the Christmas holidays.  I went to Kim's journal regularly when her cancer started up again for I have never read such a spirited journal about such a terrible battle.  She really was a great warrior.  I think of her as gone now to where all the great fighters go, to glory.  As Donna said when her sister died of pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago, she earned her wings.  They have all earned their wings as we have witnessed in the weeks past.  I tried to think of something special I wanted to do in their honor, besides copying and pasting this entry in the journal that was created for us all to express ourselves about these wonderful ladies.  If you had developed doubts, they would all make you believe in God again. 

I think of my dear sister LaRae who died as bravely as any woman could, a little over twenty years ago, of ovarian cancer.  She actually dreamed not long before she died that murderers chased her to the top of a tall building and she could not escape.  She was going to be killed, and then she thought I should have grown my wings by now, and she tried and she had, and she flew away.  As John Donne, the great English poet wrote, "Death thou shalt die."  So my sister was able to still her doubts and fly away to God. She had defeated death. 

I have found a wonderful book of poetry and stories written about death and the dying. I am going to make another DVD of a poetry readng, honoring these ladies, all written by great poets like John Keats, James Dickey, Emily Dickenson, Dylan Thomas, and William Carlos Williams.  These are wonderful poems, inspiring, funny, tragic, and I am offering a DVD to anyone who wants one.  Just send me your address.  I don't know how long I will be around, so time seems of the essence.  I feel I want to do this now in honor of these inspiring ladies. Nurses like Pam and my sister Margie will automatically get one without asking.  They have done so much for the sick and dying they deserve our tributes as well.

         Gerry 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very touching, and a unique idea.  You've such a generous heart and spirit, Gerry.  We're all the better for knowing you.  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful touching tribute and entry Gerry.  

Much love
Jeanie xxxx