Sunday, December 30, 2007

In memory of my Aunt Judy

         

In feb. of 2008 I will be a member of this community for 3yrs...in finding Jland I have made many wonderful friends.. I am a very private person and often write about the simple things in life..things that make me happy and bring me joy...but on March 3rd 2006 someone very near and dear to me..My Aunt Judy lost her battle with breast cancer...and for the first time I came to my journal in tears and wrote from the heart....about the ache I was feeling in my heart from losing my aunt...someone who was more like a sister to me..as we grew up together...When she married and moved on...if I wasn't at home...I was at her house...once I married and moved on...we started traditions of being together every Christmas Eve and New Years Eve...memories I will cherish forever. Those holidays are so very hard on me because there is a void without her here...but i know she would want me to eventually start new traditions and in time I will...but she will always be with me in spirit.

My Aunt Judy was only 43yrs old when she passed away...she turned 44yrs old on the day of her funeral on March 6th 2006...she left behind a daughter Chelsey who was 14 at the time and her loving husband Mike.

I have my windchimes hanging that my friend gave me when you passed...and everytime they ring...they ring in memory of you Judy

*Toast* to the New Year as we did many years in the past...

"May you watch over me and guide me in the right path and direction as you did here on earth...and may 2008 be filled with blessings"

I love you and miss you dearly Ju Ju (she is probably smiling and shaking her fist at me from above, as she didn't like me calling her Ju Ju...but i did many times to get a rise out of her..hehehe) 

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts here on this journal...

                         Terri

 

*Thanks to Donna(This that & Hockey) for the beautiful graphic above

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lady she sounds.  So young to die.  This touched me deeply because I am on treatment for breast cancer as well.  God rest her.  Always hold those precious memories of your JuJu.  I know she will forever be in your heart.

Anonymous said...

so sorry you lost your Aunt Judy. May she forever smile down on you and guide you in the right direction.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I can sense the sorrow in your words, she must of been a lovely woman. It is so hard to lose people when they are this young..it is so sad for the families. Writing in your journal and ocassionally telling stories about your childhood with her will help keep her alive in memory yours and ours too. I find great comfort going back in my mind's eye and re-telling tales of my southern childhood. All the people, their quirks, their joy...flood back into memory as if a dam had broken. It is a good feeling. Take care... Sandi

Anonymous said...

How lucky you were to have Judy as not only an aunt but also a dear friend.  So sorry to hear that she died so young.  There is always such a gap when you lose someone so dear and it will take you many years, if ever, to come to terms with it.  Although it sounds crazy, sometimes it helps a little to write a letter to your loved one, telling them your news since they have left.  You have written her a wonderful tribute to your wonderful Aunt.  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely tribute, Terri :-)
You did her proud.

Anonymous said...

I just had this journal emailed to me & so glad it was.  That is a beautiful, heartfelt tribute, Terri. Your love shines.~Mary

Anonymous said...

Aw, Terri, I do remember that well.  I remember the times leading up to her passing and how broken up you all were.  I remember the picture of your grandpa.  It's been three years but I bet it seems sometimes like yesterday and sometimes like it's been soooo long.  Heaven is filled with so many angels.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute!  I am sure she is your angel watching over you now.

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

A wonderful tribute to your dear Aunt.  

Love Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely tribute in memory of your aunt, it is nice to be able to remember all the good time that you shared .
God Bless

Jayne