Saturday, December 29, 2007

Penny

                                  


October 1, 2007....a piece of my heart died and passed along to Heaven.  Penny, sweet, funny, loving Penny, earned her wings leaving a void.  Penny was a very private person so it was amazing that she even had a journal.  She didn't have a huge amount of readers but the readers she had were totally in love with Ms. Penny.

She was a rock for many.  She made me laugh every day.  She had an enormous sense of humor and wit.  She loved her purses, flip flops, lipstick.  She also had a great love for artwork from the masters.  I can't tell you how many times I've visited her journal since October.  I've read it from end to end.  Actually, it is her second journal.  She deleted her first but couldn't stay away. 

I pray every day for her daughter Corey and her doggie, Mandy.  Rest in peace, beautiful Penny.  I know you  are flying with the angels with Lisa Jo's Buddy by your side and welcoming the newest JLand angels, Kim and Lahoma. 

Love you forever.  I miss you more each day. (Thanks to Missie for the scrap tag included in here.)

HUGS n LOVE   CHRIS

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest In Eternal Peace Penny...you were an amazing JLander.

God Bless You.

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Chris, what a beautiful tribute.  I believe Penny can see this and is smiling =).  God bless you, dear heart. xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

OH MY.

tears are streaming, Chris.

I loved Penny like she was my sister. I was so happy when you two went to the concert.....so envious but i believed i would get to you both soon enough since she lived in Ohio too....i will never forget the night i came online and she was gone.
She fought SO hard.....she loved so much.....she was a jewel, beloved, needed, cherished, and such a HUGE void in our lives...i can not to this day believe she is not here.....she was a silent, behind the scenes angel to us....she never wavered in her beliefs and she NEVER EVER betrayed her friends and she loved the dog and Corey SOOOOOOOOO much. I felt her fears and laughed out loud at her antics and loved hearing about the shoes, the purses, Olive Garden.

Why does God take those we love so much?


lisa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to dear Penny. She would be very proud.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute Chris!  I came across her journal in the 2006 Vivi's.  She was a beautiful person and always left me encouraging comments.  I will not forget her and sorely miss her.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Penny was a sweetheart. I miss her very much.
Barb-http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I miss Penny too...  she was a hoot!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Penny used to make me laugh with some of the things that she wrote, I was really sad when I read the entry that she had died, I`m sure she would have loved this tribute.
bella xx

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Penny, of all the beautiful J-Landers that have gone on ahead, I knew Penny the best.
I read her journal often & she mine. We would email to each other.
I loved her spirit & personality! A devoted child of God, our Penny.
Love ya, girlie, my friend...
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Penny was always so kind to me.  I miss her dearly here in j-land.

LORI

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Penny for long, but in the short time I read her journal ...i could tell she was a wonderful person...glad you two were able to meet and become such good friends Chris...cherish the memories forever ....

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am sobbing......
I miss that face and everything about Penny.
She was so proud of Corey, I wish we all knew how she was doing, and her doggie, I hope someone is taking care of her, she loved Mandy so much!
I think thats another reason why its so hard.. like you said Penny was a private person but she let a few of us get close. That must mean she thought we were pretty special too. I can smile at that, but cant help missing her, and will always.
I know shes in a better place, and I hope she went knowing how much we all loved her and continue to. She will never be forgotten!
Beautiful tribute Chris!

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris so much for doing this, it's lovely.  I still check in on Penny's journal all the time, just for a reminder.  Not that we need to be reminded, because she is someone we could never ever forget. I really miss her.
betsy